Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Community

The girls are completely exhausted because their cousins have been here since Friday. I plan on writing about all of our adventures another night because their mother is just as tired as they are.
I went to the open house/curriculum night at the girls school tonight. When I returned home my parents who had been watching the kids while we were at school blowing up balloons were waiting for me, even though Matt came home earlier to put the girls to bed. I was very surprised to find them there because I assumed that they were as tired as I was! We chatted about the summer program that I signed the girls up for and we got to talking about the school.
My mom is fairly familiar with most of the people at the school because she tries to bring Jordan to the Baby and Me class. We were both commenting about the feeling we get from the school. I really believe that our kids are well taken care of and nurtured there. I like knowing that our kids are getting a good Jewish education while they play dress-up, build with blocks, and do craft projects. It is not something I had as a child and I know that it is important.
I was always envious of the kids I went to Hebrew University with, they all grew up in a strong Jewish community and had an amazing bond. I hope that I can build this strong foundation for the kids so they feel like they belong to something important and powerful. I know they will be better people for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I'm glad you found a place you like! You sound very happy about it and I can tell your heart knows its right!
Here's to more blessings!
Lisa Reinfeld