Thursday, January 17, 2008

A girls weekend


We had so much fun when my cousins were here that we are still trying to recover. The girls were in bed at seven and I climbed into bed at eight thirty. Unfortunately, Matt had to go back to work or I am sure he would be in bed or on his way into bed.
We had three sisters visit Martha, Ann and Joan and her daughter Judy who is three. I was very happy because I had the chance to play with the "girls" and my little girls had the chance to play with Judy. It was a win-win situation! Matt was really great and gave me a lot of time to spend with my family. He even drove our girls around while they screamed their little heads off so I could have time.
The "girls" arrived on Friday afternoon and we spent a nice relaxing evening talking and eating while we watched the kids get to know each other. We even got the four of them into the tub together! Don't worry Ann has the pictures of that and I will not be posting them! On Saturday we went to pick berries which the kids and adults loved! Judy wanted to know why she had never done it before. The strawberries were not as abundant as they had been, so Matt had our girls picking tomatoes. Sydney thought that was great and sat down on the floor with her basket and licked each and every tomato she picked because she was not allowed to eat them! Jordan was a great help and showed Martha were to walk.

On Sunday we spent the afternoon at Lion Country Safari where everyone had a great time. The kids loved the rides and the adults LOVED feeding the giraffes. I should say that the adults and Sydney loved feeding the giraffes. Martha fed the giraffes,
Ann fed the giraffes,
Joan fed the giraffes while Judy supervised,
and Sydney fed the giraffes,

We were having such a great time we were over an hour late for dinner with my parents and cousins Herbie and Lynn who were waiting at my house. OOPS! The kids were having fun riding all the rides we did not have the heart to stop them from riding the elephants, even after we realized we were very-very late.
On Monday I waved goodbye to my wonderful husband and sent him off to work while the little girls played in the yard and Jordan fell asleep in the swing. After lunch we were off to the zoo where an absolutely great time was had by all. Lior and Judy had fun catching a ride with Martha in the wheelchair. Sydney had a really bad fall at the end of the day and probably could have used a good spin in the wheelchair but wanted to cuddle mommy instead.
After all this excitement and close to three hundred photos is it any wonder why we are all so tired? We had such a wonderful time and we can not wait until next year when they come back (hint-hint!).
I know that this weekend meant a lot to Martha who was thrilled to see how well the girls got along. I still have great memories of visiting "the girls" when I was little. I remember arriving at their house late Saturday night to find their mom making pizza, really great pizza!. It is just fantastic that my girls are creating memories of their own with their cousins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had sooooo much fun!!!! Thank you! We can't wait for next time!
XO
Ann

Karen D said...

Thanks for sharing your visit with your cousins. I especially loved the shots of the giraffe feedings as I know it was a highlight for Martha. Though, the wheelchair rides looked like a close 2nd!
A fellow Blender girl,
KarenByNight