Monday, January 7, 2008

A day at the cheese

We met our friends Reece, Joy and baby Bryce at Chuck E. Cheese today. The kids always have a great time there and today was no exception. Jordan even got in on the action and ran away from me every chance she got. I actually lost her twice! The people who work there must think I am a rotten mother because I could not keep track of that little girl but she is really hard to keep track of. I would put her down and a split second later she would be gone. I think she waited until I took a head count and made a break for it when I went searching for Lior or Sydney. She ran into the kitchen once and the service area once requiring someone who worked there to bring her back. One of the employee's asked me how hard it could be to watch her. I told him to spend five minutes with her and then ask me that question. She is a wild little girl who takes great delight in running away and laughing while you chase her down! I wish I had gotten some photos of her running and laughing at us, climbing into high chairs or riding the mini carousel while waving at me every time she went around but I could not find it in the clutter of my diaper bag. Perhaps if I had taken the bag out of the stroller I would have found it!
Lior and Sydney never ran away but wandered a safe distance away to play the games and push as many buttons as they could. I actually found Sydney taking a boy's cup of money away from him. This little boy must have been at least four and he was crying! Sydney is a force to be reckoned with and she wanted to play with the ducks. The little boys father was very nice and tried to get them to play a game together but I think the boy was afraid of her and Sydney was a little embarrassed.
Lior got "lost" once, but I found her right away. She was very upset because one second I was there and the next I was chasing Jordan (surprise-surprise) and gone. She told me "I yooked around and you not dere!" I told her that she did the right thing by staying where she was and calling for me. The next time she lost sight of me I saw her standing where she was, turning in a circle, calling my name. She is a very quick study!
After all this drama you would think that I would never want to return but I can't wait to go back. The kids had a great time, it was air conditioned, and most importantly it is a relatively safe environment for the big kids to learn their limits and some good life lessons.

No comments: