Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick day

Sydney is feeling much better today and appears to be fever free. This means we can get on with our regular routine and attend our class at the Little Gym tomorrow and school on Thursday. I really hate it when Sydney has to miss school, not because I do not enjoy spending time with her, I do. It is hard getting her to go to school and it is harder after she has had a day off. When we dropped Lior off she would not even speak to anyone at school because she was not going to school today. By the time we picked Lior up I think she was ready to play but still very- very cranky.
I took Sydney with me to get my blood drawn today, not something I would have wanted to do under normal circumstances but she was great. Her main concern was that I get the shot not her. She told the receptionist that "Mommy gettin' a shot, not Sydney." When they were drawing the blood Sydney stayed a safe distance away and told the nurse that they needed more "Mommy you not done, they take more." Hopefully she is wrong and they will not need more blood because I do not want to go back.
We have been trying to talk to the girls about the new baby and have purchased some books to help them understand what all this new baby talk is about. Jordan just thinks it is a riot that my belly is so huge and she can stick her finger directly into my belly button to make me jump. I am sure I will have her pointing to my belly in no time in response to where is the baby? Lior and Sydney know that there is a baby in mommies belly and it will be here soon but I know they don't really get it. Lior likes the idea of a baby and wants to hold it, change its diaper and kiss it. I hope she still feels that way when it gets here. Sydney deals with things much differently than Lior, she does not talk about it as much but she is extremely aware of what is going on. The other night she was laying on my belly and I told her that the baby was kicking her and she said "the baby not kickin' me, the baby kissin' me!" I am sure we will be talking about it more over the next few months and they will be helping me get ready for the new babies arrival. What would help me the most is if they would quiet down and go to sleep, I have a mountain of laundry on the bed that needs to be folded and put away before I can crawl into bed and pass out!

No comments: