Monday, January 28, 2008

The cycle begins again

We were living in a state of utter bliss. The girls had not been sick since before the holidays. I want to say it was almost a month of healthy living, until this weekend. Our beautiful Sydney is sick and when one gets sick chances are it will start the ball rolling and it will run through the house. On Saturday Sydney refused to go and pick berries without me, so I went berry picking when I really wanted to take a nap. I should have realized that she was not feeling well when she was sticking by my side all day.
By Sunday morning she was really sick with a fever of over one hundred and three and she threw up all over me in our bed. We played it close to home all day and Sydney just wanted to rest on the couch or on me. Not much changed at dinner where she fell asleep in the middle of a noisy restaurant or in the middle of the night where she slept on my belly. Actually she spent the better part of today with a body part attached to me. Hopefully she feels a little better tomorrow because she does not want to go to the doctor and I do not want to have to take her.
Lior has been very lonely without her partner in crime and has been very worried about Sydney for the past few days. I think she is looking forward to school tomorrow even though she knows Sydney will be staying home. She needs to run around and have some fun before she gets sick and starts laying around. Even our little Jordan has been concerned about Sydney. She has been bringing toys to Sydney hoping she will play with her. Of course Jordan is thrilled with all the attention Lior has been paying to her because Sydney is not interested in jumping on the couch.
I hope Sydney does not have a fever tomorrow and she is on the mend. Keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to sleep without Sydney curled up by my side or sleeping across my belly.

No comments: