Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Boogers

Our girls vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds. When they were around twenty months old I spent three days writing down all the words or phrases they said and they both had a vocabulary of right around one hundred words. I thought that was great but now at two they say so many wonderful things I can not even think about writing everything down.
Lior really puts together some great sentences that are extremely clear. Just yesterday I heard her yelling "Cyrus don't eat my boogers". Yes boogers is a favorite word in this house. Matt has been known to sit in the back of the car with Lior screaming "Mommy booger, booger, booger..." and today Lior ran over to me and said "I pick my boogers". The colorful language does not end there, Lior also told me "I touch my poopy" while I was changing her diaper today. Sydney quickly reminded her "no touch poopy EE-or" but Lior assured her it was ok.



While Lior seems to be fixated on body functions, Sydney is fixated on the word love. We like to sit around and talk about all the things or people that she loves. "I love Eitan, I love Tana, I love Ewick, I love (a)dina, I love Kaya, I love Cyrus" and on and on. When I ask her if she loves mommy she says "no, I love you!". She also loves grandma, grandpa, the fan, the light, the car, and daddy (in no particular order).


This new use of language is just amazing to me and makes for lots of laugh out loud moments. I never know what they are going to say or who they are going to say it to. I can not wait to see what they say next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This gets better everyday. I love to come in to work and still have a little bit of home on my computer. I love reading about the girls and seeing their pictures. Thanks for brightening my day.
Daddy