Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting ready


Jordan has decided that she wants Lior to give her breakfast every day. I was in the bedroom changing Sydney and when I came back I found an empty bag of Cheerios on the floor. Cyrus also thinks it is a great idea and can not wait for me to leave the room again.

After breakfast the girls teacher came over to meet us and she seemed very nice. She came in and sat on the floor and Sydney came running over with a book to show her. Lior sat on my lap with Jordan and checked her out. By the end of the meeting Lior was talking to her. I think they will get along fairly well but not before my little monkeys scare the shit out of her. She was amazed by the girls ability to climb, everything and resisted the urge to scoop them up and place them safely on the floor. I explained how they had fantastic motor skills, balance and courage and that I usually do not respond to a fall unless it was absolutely necessary. I think she thinks I am nuts and she said she would try not to react. We shall see.
We went to the pediatrician today for shots so the girls can attend school. Lior was less than thrilled with the entire process and continued screaming "my leg, my leg" long after the shot was over and we were safely in the car on the way home. Sydney screamed harder when the nurse put the band aid on the injection site than when she actually got the shot. Actually she screamed louder when they inserted the thermometer. She was over it rather quickly but is walking with a slight limp and is crying whenever I move her leg. She sure knows how to pull at my heart strings!

No comments: