Saturday, August 25, 2007

Potty training 101

I think I did Matt in today. When we got home from our day out and about I introduced Matt to the wonderful world of potty training. I needed a break from sitting on the floor and asking Lior if the pee pee was coming and from waiting for the pee pee to come. Sydney is not ready to be trained but insists on watching Lior every single time and she wants to sit all of the time. "I watch, I watch, I watch Lior" and a majority of the time she sits in our tiny little powder room and watches Lior sit on the potty and hands her "tupa towel" whenever she asks for it. When Sydney does not want to sit and watch she ransacks the sippy cup drawer. When she rifles through the drawer it drives Matt completely CRAZY. Guess what Sydney chose to do today? That's right she tore that drawer apart and Matt could not get her to stop. I think I actually saw the smoke pouring out of his ears. When he finally picked her up and brought her into baby jail he lectured me on how the girls need to start listening. When he tells them to stop doing something the girls need to stop what they are doing and listen to him. I tried to explain to him that the girls are two and it is developmentally appropriate for them to tear apart drawers and not listen to their parents. They are pushing their limits and testing the boundaries. We need to set the limits and establish the boundaries to teach them to listen when we ask them to stop doing something. As much as Matt feels pressure from work and would like to take a permanent vacation, the idea of being home with our gaggle of girls scares the poop out of him and hopefully makes him realize why I am so happy to see him when he walks through the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not lecture you. I was just upset that you told me to calm down. THEY NEED TO LISTEN!!!!!! That is it. I hope you know I am not upset. I think that Sydney's hunger for life is fantastic. I love that all the girls want to be independent. I just prefer they do it on your watch.