Thursday, August 23, 2007

Matt's not ready

Matt and I went to the open house at the preschool tonight and I thought Matt was going to be sick while we were listening to the director and the teacher. I am surprisingly more ready than Matt is. It does not seem like they should be ready to leave us for long periods of time but I think they are and I think it will be good for them.
The girls are very familiar with the school. We have been attending a Mommy and Me class there for over six months. They visited the temple when Dan and Tanya were here and played without a problem and they have visited twice this week because Matt printed the T-shirts and we needed them to look at them. They seem to like it there and are eager to walk over whenever I suggest it and they talk about the teachers frequently.
My poor husband. He looked pale, clammy and nervous. He thought the classroom was fantastic, he liked the teacher and the aide but he is still not ready to send his babies off. The girls go to school tomorrow morning to meet some of the other kids and play for a little bit. The first official day is Tuesday. Matt is planning on coming with me so that he won't miss that "first" and because he says I want him too. I think the truth is that he wants to see, with his own eyes, the girls take this giant step.

No comments: