Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The first day


The first day is over with, the girls were amazing and Matt and I survived. The girls allowed Matt and I to leave without any tears from them. We needed to take a few minutes before we joined the other parents in the lobby as we were both teary eyed. We spent the next hour and a half sitting in the lobby waiting for the coffee to brew and running to the port hole window in the multi-purpose room to watch the girls at play. The girls painted, used the bingo markers, and played outside. They did a lot more but our view was extremely limited. I do know they stayed near each other all day. They painted together on the same easel, which everyone thought was adorable and they are right they are adorable!
I could kick myself because I was so caught up in the nerves associated with the day that I did not take any pictures of them in their classroom. I thought I took a ton of pictures of them walking to school but I only took about five. I guess we were too busy concentrating on making the girls comfortable than capturing the day on film. I have to remind myself to stop and take pictures on Thursday, their first full day of school.
The good news is that I think they want to go back. When I asked them if they were going to go back and play with Morah Leslie Sydney said "yes, EE-or too!" Lior said "no" but she always says no first. After their bath she put on her backpack and said she was going to see Morah Leslie. I guess we will see how it goes on Thursday.

No comments: