Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bye-bye big bed

I did not post last night because I was reading a book. That's right I am trying to read a book that has nothing to do with childcare or behavior techniques to tame our wild ones. As I have mentioned I am cursed with a finishing complex and unfortunately I was up until after two in the morning finishing this book. I have to get shorter books or leave them in the car so I can get to sleep.

Because I missed my post last night I am making up for it by posting twice tonight. We said goodnight to the big bed tonight and it has not been easy for my poor Sydney. I do not think she knows exactly what to do with herself. She wants to sleep in Lior's bed but can't calm down long enough, she just throws her toys out of the bed which makes Lior miserable. She sits in her bed and reads books but can't stay in the bed long enough to fall asleep. Just ten minutes ago she came running into our bedroom, very proud of herself that she made it all the way downstairs. Getting out of her room is no easy task as we have it gated to avoid her running down stairs all night. I am pretty sure she escaped by squeezing herself under the gate. I took her back to her bed and made sure she could not get under it again.

Lior is having a hard time as well but is staying in her bed and cuddling her Doggy. We only put them to bed about an hour and a half ago. I know it will get better every night but it is certainly hard getting there.

No comments: