Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sleepy time blues

Sydney is still having trouble sleeping. Last night she woke up at around 2:00 am and at 3:00 am Matt came downstairs tired and frustrated and Sydney was crying. I waited about ten minutes and went up, she was fine as long as I was there. If I tried to leave her little head would pop up and she would start to cry. I started creeping further and further away and every time I got caught I stayed where I was for a few minutes and started the process all over again. I wound up pulling a pillow and blanket out and sleeping in front of their gated bedroom door until she finally passed out. An hour and some change later I was back in bed trying to go to sleep but I kept thinking about all the things that needed to be done for the girls birthday party. By the time I managed to go to sleep Jordan woke up and was ready to eat.

I thought the lack of sleep would make for a rough day for Sydney but thanks to her Aunt Tanya, she got the chance to go shopping with mommy, alone! Sydney was so excited to go out with me alone She kept saying "shopping mommy" but I think she missed Lior. When I handed her items to put into the cart she would show them to me and say Lior's name.

After a nice nap in the car the girls went to a beautiful little children's museum that was completely hands on and they had a fantastic time. Sydney and Lior had a fantastic time playing in the play kitchen with No'am and their good friend Reece. They were cutting bread and fruit and they even tried to do the dishes in the sink. Now if they would only do that at home. The kids had the opportunity to feed a cow, milk it and wash it. All this fun and there was no sign of cow poop. Sydney put on a puppet show, picked flowers and played with the train. Lior loved feeding the ping pong balls to the cow and following Eitan around. She still loves the boys.

All of the Israeli kids went and followed the kids around, so it was a nice break for me. Jordan even got in on the action and played at the train table, crawled on the floor and played with the cows.

I had hoped that all this excitement would make for an easy bedtime but Sydney still had a hard time falling asleep.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: