Sunday, August 12, 2007

The sounds of silence



Saying goodbye is never easy and today was no exception. The Israeli's left this morning and there was lots of hugging and kissing and not a whole lot of crying. Lior was willing to hug everyone as long as she could still sit on "my Namaw's yap".


Sydney was safely seated in Jordan's stroller and gave everyone a good hug.
Jordan went to everyone and I know she will miss having Tanya around to hold her and spend time with her. She is going to have to get used to waiting for attention again.


I can safely say that they will be greatly missed. I am sure that they days will move a little slower without the kids to entertain the girls. As much as we will miss having the family in town, we are looking forward to having a few quiet meals, early bedtimes and getting back into our usual bedtime routine.
Now that everyone is gone it is amazing how peaceful dinner was without yelling across the table about who was going to sit next to who, who was touching whose food and who wanted what on their plate. I guess Matt and I have a lot to look forward to when our girls grow up and really give us a run for our money. For now I think I will enjoy the sounds of silence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as the routine has to return, I cant tell you how much we all miss those loud meals and arguing over who gets to sit next to whom. It's a testimony to the love; nobody was arguing over HAVING to sit next to someone!