Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy anniversary?

Today was not only the girls second birthday party, but it was also our sixth wedding anniversary. I realized it was our anniversary at about twenty five after two when we were welcoming some guests to the party. Matt and I did not realize it until that point. We were never ones to go over board on the anniversary celebration but we always remembered to wish each other a happy anniversary. More important things were going on today.
The girls had a wonderful birthday party complete with a small kitchen fire, a bounce house, splash pools, balls, and tons of ice cream. What more could one ask for? The girls had a blast with their cousins and friends even though Lior was completely overwhelmed by all the excitement. She appears to be feeling better, but she did wake up with a fever of one hundred and one point three. After an over two hour nap in the car with grandpa behind the wheel the girls were ready to party!
I am going through the photos because I took around two hundred and fifty pictures today. I tried to capture so many wonderful moments like when Reece was feeding Lior M&M's but I found myself putting the camera down and walking away from it several times. I know that I got a few good ones of both Sydney and Lior in the bounce house, which they called "jumping house". Lior even got Namaw to go in it with her. My mom is a trooper! It would have been something else if they got my dad into the house, maybe next year.



The birthday cake was a complete success, it took me the better part of a day to decorate it but it was worth it and I can not wait to make Jordan's. Lior loved her "yeyo cake" and Sydney wanted Lior's yellow cake too. Next year they both get the same color! Sydney eventually warmed up to her purple cake and tried to dive right in. Her cousins encouraged them to stick their faces in the cake and Sydney certianly enjoyed the attention and tried to satisfy the crowd.


Lior really wanted an ice cream cone and enjoyed it until she realized people were looking at her.


Jordan even got in on the action.

It was a great day!

No comments: